Do you have a comprehensive outside evaluation of your organization’s infrastructure and information security architecture as a result of its rapid organic growth over the last few years?
Craft a future plan
If you haven’t already, consider creating a future strategic architectural plan right now to compensate for changes. SA IT pros are like another set of eyes, ears and can offer valuable opinions on that project.
Maybe you need an assessment and advisory service because you’ve experienced one or more acquisitions and / or mergers recently and have substantially extended and further complicated your network.
Move with the rapid change
If you’re like most mid to large size organizations, your network when you first opened your business was dramatically different from your network today. Consider the number and different types of network-related technologies, services, and threats that have come into the IT world over the past 15 years or so. Their impact on your network security should be assessed and discussed in a structured process as weighed against current security best practices and leading enterprise information security architecture considerations on a recurring basis.
Examples that have probably become a significant contributor to driving substantial change in your environment:
- Wireless Access Points
- Increased use of cloud-based applications
- Use of virtualization to reduce costs
- The BYOD phenomenon (personal smartphones and tablets at work)
- Mobile apps downloads
- Big Data projects
- Increased remote access demands
- Automated Botnet attacks
- Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs)
- New security technologies
- Increased performance requirements
- Increased regulatory requirements
- Explosion of social media access and use
- More use of Managed Services offerings
- Specialization in IT staffing roles